Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

Skip Goulet said:
Waaay too many 9s on that grease gun. Someone needs to do a colonoscopy on him with that thing! :yes:

All I'll say about Skip's comment is one word: OUCH!

I don't know how to link the ad to this board, but I did a search under "siren" here in Texas and found a 66G in Haskell. It's decent but has dents in the chrome and the guy wants $200 for it. He brags that it's worth because he's seen them go for over $1500 on ebay. Maybe so, but in that shape????

Skip Goulet said:
I don't know how to link the ad to this board, but I did a search under "siren" here in Texas and found a 66G in Haskell. It's decent but has dents in the chrome and the guy wants $200 for it. He brags that it's worth because he's seen them go for over $1500 on ebay. Maybe so, but in that shape????

Here it is: Fire truck Siren

I love it...the siren says "SIRENO" on the front grill, as well as on the mfg tag, yet the seller says "Vintage 6 Volt Siren made by The Siren Co., New York City". In any event, $200 seems steep, no?

Vintage 6 volt siren

Tristar said:
I love it...the siren says "SIRENO" on the front grill, as well as on the mfg tag, yet the seller says "Vintage 6 Volt Siren made by The Siren Co., New York City". In any event, $200 seems steep, no?

Vintage 6 volt siren

That was probably just a typo, Matthew, but that siren isn't all that old. The M1s only sold for about $50 new. No way is it worth that much.

This is good...not only high prices, the seller can't read the names on the lights and rewrite them in the ad. He has two MX7000 bars for $700 (each?), an "old arrow dynic" for $700, a " code 3 slap stick", and other lights.

At the bottom of one of his three ads he states that he's willing to trade: "****want a truck no junk all lights work everything look outstanding***". Gee, he wants a truck in good condition...seems like a fair trade to me!

light bars for police car or truck

I emailed the seller asking about the MX7000 bars...they are $700 EACH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tristar said:
This is good...not only high prices, the seller can't read the names on the lights and rewrite them in the ad. He has two MX7000 bars for $700 (each?), an "old arrow dynic" for $700, a " code 3 slap stick", and other lights.

I'd jump on that "slap stick", not a bad price out of that lot!

unlisted said:
I'd jump on that "slap stick", not a bad price out of that lot!

If the producers of "Police Squad" were making a sequel, they could use it in one of the cars.

Tristar said:

At the bottom of one of his three ads he states that he's willing to trade: "****want a truck no junk all lights work everything look outstanding***". Gee, he wants a truck in good condition...seems like a fair trade to me!

I emailed him about the PA300 and the LED dash light. I also told him that he was way too high on the Dashlaser.

I LIKE HOW HE WANTS $125 for the galls wig wag box when it sales for $25 at its already Inflated price

Skip Goulet said:
Just happened across a Federal "O" siren on ebay: $400......for a $30 siren. He heard from me! :p

Skip - I'm surprised that you contacted him about it...that's so unlike you! I hope you told him what it sold for new.

Tristar said:

Awwww, I went to look & the listing has been deleted!!!! He must be out driving in his new truck!!! :weird:

Lyle said:
Awwww, I went to look & the listing has been deleted!!!! He must be out driving in his new truck!!! :weird:

I don't think that's the case...I think he had been arrested...oh wait...never mind. I forgot that stupidity isn't a crime.

Hot sure if this made it here yet

Whelen Cencom Gold Sho Me Cameleon STL Eclipse | eBay

"Whelen cen com gold light / siren controller, sho me cameleon amber directional and RB for warning, and STL eclipse with take downs. Everything has minimal use siren box was only used for a week and removed due to a new vehicle being purchased. Actual pictures can be provided via email. "

$1,175 with 3 watchers!

7d9_z28 said:

"Whelen cen com gold light / siren controller, sho me cameleon amber directional and RB for warning, and STL eclipse with take downs. Everything has minimal use siren box was only used for a week and removed due to a new vehicle being purchased. Actual pictures can be provided via email. "

$1,175 with 3 watchers!

But...shipping is free. I find what sellers put in their ads odd...either they're really stupid, or they're lying. He said "siren box was only used for a week and removed due to a new vehicle being purchased". I'm curious...didn't he know he was getting a new vehicle when he purchased the siren? And, why didn't he just install the siren in the new vehicle? I know my first name isn't Sherlock, but is doesn't add up to me.

Tristar said:
"Wheeling" light bar...What a bargain!

light bar

He claims that it's a 5' bar, but it doesn't look to be that long. It appears to be leaning up against a sheet of plywood that I would surmise is a standard 48" in the short dimension.

Skip Goulet said:
Of course, I did....and I was actually polite about....for a change. :D

You slowing down in your golden age? :D

7d9_z28 said:

$1,175 with 3 watchers!

Hahaha! I saw that and laughed so hard. Wanted to post it here but didn't get to it. Glad someone did! HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Tristar said:

It's 0144, and I broke up laughing...I hope I didn't wake my wife or kids. Why was I laughing so hard? The moron with the above ad is back! He must have sold the "arrow dynic" (it's still in the photo, though), but he now has a "code 3 mx 700". That must be a mini bar version of the mx7000 (sarcasm). And, the best is...he still has the "slap stick code 3". FYI - he's still willing to trade for a truck,... " You can't fix stupid.

packege deal light bars amber

Last edited by a moderator:
Tristar said:
It's 0144, and I broke up laughing...I hope I didn't wake my wife or kids. Why was I laughing so hard? The moon with the above ad is back! He must have sold the "arrow dynic" (it's still in the photo, though), but he now has a "code 3 mx 700". That must be a mini bar version of the mx7000 (sarcasm). And, the best is...he still has the "slap stick code 3". FYI - he's still willing to trade for a truck,... " You can't fix stupid.

Don't forget that his headline mentions the ultra-rare "Packege", a Whelen bar so small that its name is missing a letter compared to the Edge, and so stealthy that you can fit in in a backpack!!!

Tristar said:
It's 0144, and I broke up laughing...I hope I didn't wake my wife or kids. Why was I laughing so hard? The moon with the above ad is back! He must have sold the "arrow dynic" (it's still in the photo, though), but he now has a "code 3 mx 700". That must be a mini bar version of the mx7000 (sarcasm). And, the best is...he still has the "slap stick code 3". FYI - he's still willing to trade for a truck,... " You can't fix stupid.

I thought the guy was a Three Stooges fan, talking about a slap stick light. :p I was going to email him but couldn't do so with the reply link and ask about the PA300 siren he has. I noticed that the original link has been shut down.

Skip Goulet said:
I thought the guy was a Three Stooges fan, talking about a slap stick light. :p I was going to email him but couldn't do so with the reply link and ask about the PA300 siren he has. I noticed that the original link has been shut down.

I don't mean to be so critical (OK, yes, I do), but this guy is such an idiot! I found he has four ads posted. Search Chicago CL by "slapstick" and by "slap stick". Check out this ad of his: package deal emergency lights

It makes absolutely no sense! What the*@ does "asking 500 for both mx7000 250 slapstick 100 CASH ONLY and must pick up will not deliver possibly for the right price i might the both work " mean? How much is each light? Is the slapstick $250 or $100?

Tristar said:
I don't mean to be so critical (OK, yes, I do), but this guy is such an idiot! I found he has four ads posted. Search Chicago CL by "slapstick" and by "slap stick". Check out this ad of his: package deal emergency lights

It makes absolutely no sense! What the*@ does "asking 500 for both mx7000 250 slapstick 100 CASH ONLY and must pick up will not deliver possibly for the right price i might the both work " mean? How much is each light? Is the slapstick $250 or $100?

I think all that salt air from the big lake has gotten to him! :p

I was just perusing CL real quick to see if there was anything good (been looking for a mini freedom or some white LED modules for my responder and forward dual talon), and I saw this:

CUSTOM WHELEN LED DASH MISER

It must use SOOPER leds to be worth 200! :D

New low peice!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOKO