Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

I stumbled across an old add on here (can't remember where) in which someone was selling the Typhoon's new for $59 in some kind of promotion..... was MAD that I missed that opportunity.

P.S. Good mornin' from the banks of the Atchafalaya River!

Reactions: Retired1
And suddenly the net is filled with people selling their Apollo lights. Can't imagine why.

But good idea. Maybe I will sell my bar I just bought. Could def use some extra brightness.

why are people selling appollo lights?

Reactions: AJ3814
I stumbled across an old add on here (can't remember where) in which someone was selling the Typhoon's new for $59 in some kind of promotion..... was MAD that I missed that opportunity.

I know who had them. I was bedridden at the time he made them available at that price and not online. He does not have any more at the $59 price. Too bad for me. I would buy them at $59 each. My rotten luck...

Good morning to you. I watch "Buying the Bayou".  Will I see your place for sale sometime? Do you have alligators?

Na. I just moved here from Montana. After my Dad died last year I moved to Montana because that's where I've always wanted to live. What I didn't know was that if you're not FROM Montana, it is VERY hard to find a LE job.... so after being there for 6 months with nothin' doin', I was offered a position here in SC Louisiana, with the opportunity coming quickly for me to be the assistant chief. A move I am very happy with as my chief is currently the youngest in the entire state (28) and stands behind us regardless of public pressure.

I haven't purchased a house yet.... still doing some research. But my biggest concern is water..... the river has risen almost 10 feet from all the rain and we are entering hurricane season soon.... and yes, alligators are everywhere.

no but i got an hour to go till  :sleepy:

50 minutes left

on the nice side I just won $81 on a $1 exacta at Gulfstream Park :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there was a major update or revision feniex recently put out.

More info than that I don't know. I'm curious as well.
Feniex did do a recent update with electronics that affect the brightness and function. They should be starting to build/ship them about now (literally). I was told directly that even though they have been upgraded, price has not changed on any of the models.

now you have hexed yourself

Reactions: tsquale
Feniex did do a recent update with electronics that affect the brightness and function. They should be starting to build/ship them about now (literally). I was told directly that even though they have been upgraded, price has not changed on any of the models.
Didn't they also double the leds on the dual color option? For some reason I only recall 6 leds in the past models...?

Feniex did do a recent update with electronics that affect the brightness and function. They should be starting to build/ship them about now (literally). I was told directly that even though they have been upgraded, price has not changed on any of the models.
Yes there was an update. I believe the new lights are already shipping. The email I got says 100% brighter and 15% higher price. That was direct from Feniex so I guess as always the final unofficial price is up to the distributor.

Didn't they also double the leds on the dual color option? For some reason I only recall 6 leds in the past models...?
I have not heard anything of this, however I will see if I can shoot them an email and find out.... OR..... you can always post the question directly to them in the Feniex section under Manufacturer Forums on the main page. This is a VERY cool thing Admin has done to allow us to interact directly with them. I'm the "emergency equipment guy" for my department's huge fleet now (all 4 cars, soon to be 5), so I have spoken with them directly on numerous occasions since we have now made the decision to go solely with Feniex for our equipment.

I'm kind of curious myself about that now that you brought it up. That would be the deciding factor if we went solid or dual colors.

Reactions: tsquale
It's true. Each color will have six leds in the Apollo stuff. 15% higher price. Makes the Lightbar around $1600

Sold the last of my typhoons to a local agency. Not really by design. Didn't have enough tritons to match for their vehicles so had to go with the typhoons

Sold the last of my typhoons to a local agency. Not really by design. Didn't have enough tritons to match for their vehicles so had to go with the typhoons
Has Chief won any siren speakers yet?

I'm kind of in a holding pattern on the comment contest right now until I recover some funds from deadbeats.

I'm kind of in a holding pattern on the comment contest right now until I recover some funds from deadbeats.
Its been in a holding pattern for like a year man, lets win Chief some speakers!

And I've had sexual offenders owe money for that long. We are just scraping by right now.

He does not have any more :(
Theres other speakers for you!

Sidenote: Calling all Chat folk. Stop being so selfish and enjoying your families and all, I have a wiring conundrum and I need brainstorming assistance!

I have just been having fun with this thread. I never intended to actually win any speakers. I'll buy the speakers when I need them. I totally understand Nic's situation. I support his endeavors to keep his company at the forefront of success.

Sidenote: I can't help with your Canada drums, Alec. I have no musical talent. Maybe this will be os some assistance?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5o6NWaotco

The Canadian Marching Band is in town???

July 11 is 7-11's FREE SLURPEE DAY.

Don't miss it. It happens every July 11, since 2002.

11 AM to 7 PM.

ive seen the chatter regarding the new f12, but i have a few questions: are they going to be the same size aa the F6? how much more will they be than the current heads?

ive seen the chatter regarding the new f12, but i have a few questions: are they going to be the same size aa the F6? how much more will they be than the current heads?
$10 more per head across the board. Same lightheaded just six more led for the dual color version

now only if they were tri-mode

id pay it... :D

A dual mode T3 would kick buttowski......

With a few more synch able patterns....

Think cruise light to warn... Oh lawd

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468