Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Didn't drive my truck for a week since I had the duty vehicle. Hop in this morning and head to the gas station to fill up. Park at the pumps and see antifreeze running out. [emoji85]. Under warranty thankfully.

whewwwww at least you saw it.

Reactions: paff2
Here til 2300. Missing dive training tonight and they are playing at the power plant. 

Just got a pretty nifty hornet sting in my armpit. This is interesting.

morning everyone! Had a cigar last night, and looking for an interesting pic for this post... found Charlie lol

aimages.rapgenius.com_393c3e80e9c719c916060ab2c5b65472.418x407x1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
back at the college for my 4 days here...

Microwaved some taco bell for lunch today... Forgot about the sauce packet  that was in the bag..... 10 seconds later my microwave started billowing smoke

after spending 30 seconds in an inferno and get stomped, charred smushed tacos didn't seem too appealing..

I checked my USPS mailbox this morning and no prize yet. Maybe it was shipped via UPS or FedEx?  Maybe I just need to allow more time for Nic to have Kinkos make that poster? 

I checked my USPS mailbox this morning and no prize yet. Maybe it was shipped via UPS or FedEx?  Maybe I just need to allow more time for Nic to have KINKos make that poster? 

Hmm....

Checking in for another 12...  

I checked my USPS mailbox this morning and no prize yet. Maybe it was shipped via UPS or FedEx?  Maybe I just need to allow more time for Nic to have Kinkos make that poster? 

He usually ships FedEx (or has been to me lately)...  lol

Chief, I just have to locate the typhoon I found when I was cleaning out my shed.  I moved it to the shop and now I have no idea where it was.  I know you were needing two. Are they being mounted externally?

Chief, I just have to locate the typhoon I found when I was cleaning out my shed.  I moved it to the shop and now I have no idea where it was.  I know you were needing two. Are they being mounted externally?

Yes, but it does not matter what the appearance is. Only I will ever see them.

That said, you don't have to send me anything. I just enjoy being here.

When fire command calls dispatch and asks them who the next bsl is? I'm like huh? Oh he means BLS. [emoji12]

basic saver of life....

one of the watch keepers called out today so double the work for me... which means ill actually have something to do today LOL

Terry I have one in gray and one in black.  Both are in good shape, just different colors

So for the first time ever, it seems the USPS has "misplaced" an item. It left the post office here in Simmesport on the 28th, and has not been "checked in" anywhere. What is "supposed to happen" is it was supposed to go Alexandria, LA but it not "off loaded" there, but then transferred directly to Shreveport, LA where it is "off loaded, scanned, and processed" to begin it's official tracked journey, since it's going to McKeesport, PA. Only problem is that this is a $500 money order sent as payment for a light bar. I'm pissed.

So for the first time ever, it seems the USPS has "misplaced" an item. It left the post office here in Simmesport on the 28th, and has not been "checked in" anywhere. What is "supposed to happen" is it was supposed to go Alexandria, LA but it not "off loaded" there, but then transferred directly to Shreveport, LA where it is "off loaded, scanned, and processed" to begin it's official tracked journey, since it's going to McKeesport, PA. Only problem is that this is a $500 money order sent as payment for a light bar. I'm pissed.
Pretty sure the PO replaces lost money orders if it is a USPS Money Order

Reactions: AJ3814
AJ,

Let me tell you what happened to me a few months ago:

I sold a digital electronic rifle scope. I shipped it via USPS Priority Mail 2 day and insured it for it's full value. It never arrived at it's destination and no tracking record was ever found (except that it left my local post office). I waited a week and them had the USPS launch an investigation. I got a nice letter from the USPS saying they would try hard to locate it.

About 3 weeks after I first sent it, the scope showed up at my local post office as being unable to be delivered. My local post office refunded my original postage and resent it to my buyer. This time the tracking number tracked the package as it was intended to do. It was delivered in 2 days. 

About a week after that, I got another nice letter from the USPS saying they had not found it, had no record of its leaving OK, but were still diligently searching for it. I got another similar letter about a month after that.

It has now been about 3 months since I first sent it. Last week, I got another nice letter from the USPS saying they were unable to find it and for me to file a claim (which I did not do as it had actually been delivered 2 months ago)

While the 'big city' USPS FAILED, I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with how much personal effort my local postmaster put in to helping me. She still calls once a month to see if there are any problems she can help with*/**/***.  

Good luck and keep faith. It may yet turn up!

Terry

* = I may have a bit of an inside track at my 2 local post offices. They both have my direct phone number and at the larger of the 2, 2 of the 3 counter people know the last 4 digits of my credit card by heart...LOL. 

** = I order USPS mailing supplies for them that they can't get.

*** = I bring donuts/sweet rolls every so often (I do the same for my local gun shop)

Reactions: AJ3814
too early for work

Pretty sure the PO replaces lost money orders if it is a USPS Money Order

Yes.... after 60 days if it has not been cashed. Not fun.

Well that sucks....

what did ya buy AJ.?...

Fully loaded, mint condition, never mounted, LP6000. Basically with every factory option I have ever wanted. Thankfully the guy is being understanding, but I can only imagine his worries.

Retired1, I feel ya. Same here. It is showing as confirmed leaving my local post office, but never made it anywhere else.

Reactions: StEaLtH2
Fully loaded, mint condition, never mounted, LP6000. Basically with every factory option I have ever wanted. Thankfully the guy is being understanding, but I can only imagine his worries.

Retired1, I feel ya. Same here. It is showing as confirmed leaving my local post office, but never made it anywhere else.

dammmnnnn ... What color lenses or is it filters?... 500 is a pretty penny, hope it's NoS... From the Bay?...

its friday! (for some)

Friday for me as well. Burning a 12 from 1400-0300 tonight.  Then 8hr boat class at 0800 tomorrow.  Yipee. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468