Vector Light / Jog Question

la_canuck

May 21, 2024
Los Angeles
Hello,

I just picked up a Vector with smart pods. All lights are working, except lights in position 3 and 5 - they don't seem to light up. I check the connections and power is making it to the board. I am wondering if I need to have them hooked up to the controller with the jog feature connected to complete the cycle. The bulbs are good also. The motors on the lights seem to work when I put power to the black and white line the cycle around. This is my first Vector - total newbie. Trying to understand also the option wiring. I believe it's a SV Series A from what I can tell. I have also attached the control I got but have NOT hooked up yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3368.JPEG
    IMG_3368.JPEG
    122.2 KB · Views: 6
  • tempImagebWwRLv.png
    tempImagebWwRLv.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • tempImage5Z5SIo.png
    tempImage5Z5SIo.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • tempImagefigvcR.png
    tempImagefigvcR.png
    950.3 KB · Views: 10
  • tempImageKmIeMe.png
    tempImageKmIeMe.png
    921.1 KB · Views: 9
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The jog feature will only work when the TD/Aly function is activated. After powering up do they make a half to a full turn stopping facing forward?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The wiring on a smart vector gives the smart pods 3 warning functions as chosen by the user via dip switches on the control board plus alley and take down. When in alley and takedown mode power to the "jog" wire will move the reflector a few degrees in one direction. It's essentially an aiming function for the steady burn modes.

Full manual. As much as it goes against every fiber of my being.... read the manual on this one.

sv1.PNGsv2.PNGsv5.PNGsv3.PNGsv4.PNGsv6.PNGsv7.PNGsv8.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky_911

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearlyEpoint

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.