Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

motorboatin' ;)

I'd settle for a hand screw, as long as the cover was removed! :twisted: :oops:

she needs more than 1 color

This is a Texas Craigslist find of a $200 lightbar made from 3 individual ones off bombed out Iraqi police vehicles!!! It must be a real Frankenstein job because the three bars that are pictured are an Aerodynic, a Streethawk, and a Jetsonic. Pics of the bars still on the vehicles are included.

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2133866524.html

Last edited by a moderator:
03crownvic said:
This is a Texas Craigslist find of a $200 lightbar made from 3 individual ones off bombed out Iraqi police vehicles!!! It must be a real Frankenstein job because the three bars that are pictured are an Aerodynic, a Streethawk, and a Jetsonic. Pics of the bars still on the vehicles are included.

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2133866524.html

Hmm, wonder how they took 3/4 and made 1, considering it looks like there's a Jet, an Aerodynic, an MX, and a Streethawk... WTF, Fraken-bar???? :bonk:

Keith K. said:
Mini Edge with Lo-Pro.

Had to be relisted AGAIN, I wonder why?

Last edited by a moderator:

norfolk craigslist > for sale / wanted > collectibles

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

Vintage Federal Signal Twinsonic Lightbar - $650

Date: 2011-02-04, 10:47PM EST

Reply to: sale-a6wpd-2198021837@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a vintage Federal Signal Twinsonic lightbar, used by the Los Angeles Fire Department in the 1970's and 1980's. I purchased this and a siren at auction several years ago and planned to build a vintage fire truck but that never happened. This is in excellent working order and has no cracks, blemishes or rust. I have the original mounting brackets for it also. This is the same light used on the paramedics truck on the 1970's television show "EMERGENCY!". See photos below. I had to replace one lens due to buying it without the driver side lens. The lens alone cost me $100. I will not negotiate, but might trade for the right professional audio gear/speakers/amplifiers, etc. Doug 508-7589

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3n23kd3l15Y15Q65X6b24c995beab81c5147b.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3ne3o73pd5Z35Q45X0b2432d0b6f27e331b73.jpg[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3n23p93l75Y55Z65R2b24d7bee34245d1133e.jpg

PostingID: 2198021837

Norfolk, VA

Unbelievable. He's got this listed too :rolleyes:

norfolk craigslist > for sale / wanted > collectibles

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

Vintage Federal Signal Interceptor Siren - $250 (Hampton)

Date: 2011-02-04, 10:34PM EST

Reply to: sale-pcvr4-2198008837@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Came from the Los Angeles Area Police was used in 1978 or so. Nice piece for a rat rod . Has wail, yelp and hi-lo sounds and is a 100 watt siren. Just like an ambulance. Works excellent and it's loud. Good luck finding one this nice anywhere else. And to the Craigslist Flag Police; THIS IS LEGAL TO OWN AND SELL IN VIRGINIA. TRUST ME, I KNOW. Doug 508-7589

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3kc3o63p95Y25U05X5b240add1b5243d5159b.jpg

PostingID: 2198008837

He said he got the Twinsonic without the driver's side dome, and since it's a California model, he may not have gotten the correct dome for the replacement. Notice he doesn't show the rear of the dome to verify if it's accurate for a CTS. Matter of fact, look closely at the bar in the pic on the right. It doesn't look like a CTS, but more like a Code 3 SD.

03crownvic said:
He said he got the Twinsonic without the driver's side dome, and since it's a California model, he may not have gotten the correct dome for the replacement. Notice he doesn't show the rear of the dome to verify if it's accurate for a CTS. Matter of fact, look closely at the bar in the pic on the right. It doesn't look like a CTS, but more like a Code 3 SD.

Has anyone e-mailed this guy to "poke" him about his price and item?

Thank you, John or Mods. for moving the post to this thread. I was in shock when I saw this.

I showed my wife this and said "see my lightbars are worth something" :yes: :yes: :yes:

Pete

Pete L. said:
You're right, Mike.

It does look like an SD bar. At least it looks like the SD endcap :undecided:

Yep, the endcap is what tipped me off, and upon closer inspection, I noticed the speaker grille has Code 3 style louvers. Plus, I didn't see a par 46 bulb inboard on the driver's side, and what appears to possibly be multiple open face halogen rotators.

03crownvic said:
Yep, the endcap is what tipped me off, and upon closer inspection, I noticed the speaker grille has Code 3 style louvers. Plus, I didn't see a par 46 bulb inboard on the driver's side, and what appears to possibly be multiple open face halogen rotators.

You know you are tempted to email him and tell him what he really has and that it's worth $75..

:satan:

Pete L. said:
Unbelievable. He's got this listed too :rolleyes:
Vintage Federal Signal Interceptor Siren - $250 (Hampton)

[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3kc3o63p95Y25U05X5b240add1b5243d5159b.jpg

$250 sounds fair only if it was a new in original box, Federal sale tag included, PA-20 (early-to-mid 60s low-toned) Interceptor with WAIL, YELP, and ALERT tones, complete with mounting bracket, wire harness, instruction manual, and matching mic.

But a late 70's-to-early 80s Series B PA-20A Interceptor?

:no: .

Maybe $100 for the shape this one is in, but even then, does it have the matching PA mic to go with it?

JohnMarcson said:
You know you are tempted to email him and tell him what he really has and that it's worth $75..
:satan:

I was seriously considering it, but I don't want to tick him off and blow a sale for any members that may be interested in it.... :)

BTW, I now have a box for the AdvantEdge and should have it packed and ready to go tomorrow, if you are ready on your end. Let me know, thanks.

Edge bars do not go for as much as they use to. I have a nice 6 strobe bar with the duplex halogen arrow stick and a shit load of flashers, couldn't get $150 for it on *bay. Mind you it came with used lenses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minnesota_em_vehicles