Federal CT-1 lightbar

@stansdds, my main question is: Does (did) the CA code REQUIRE par46? If so, what about the later Cal-spec AeroDynic steady red to the front (was it a par36)? Did the codes change in the 80s (thus rendering the CT-2-P incapable of satisfying earlier codes)? And one can naturally assume the -P stands for prototype (I’m about to resurrect my Model 11-O Twin Super Beacon Ray proto type). I know very little about the CA codes regarding steady red to the front, thus my questions.

Thanks to @894 for bringing this bar to our attention (again)! It’s fascinating!
Looking forward to seeing your Super Twin Beacon Ray project resurrected. I don't know if the PAR-46 size was a requirement or manufacturers used it because it would meet visibility requirements. When Federal introduced the Aerodynic and created a version for California, the Model 24C (24CA when alley lights were ordered), they used a pair of PAR-36's on each side of the 24C. I'm guessing that at the time a single PAR-36 did not meet some standard, hence the pairs of PAR-36's in the Model 24C.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng
The 24RMC, the Aero CTS, has single PAR36 front and back
True, but the first version of the Aerodynic approved in California, the 25C and 25CA, had paired PAR-36's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup