Unmanned '67 Chevelle causes crash on I5 in Washington

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Story from KOMO News Seattle

So a quick lesson in trailering vehicles, in case anyone has any questions, to make sure this doesn't happen to you,

1. Use chain and tensioner/binder, secured to the axle of the vehicle (Forget the towing points, those are for tow trucks)

2. Be sure that your chains are "pulling" in opposite directions

3. Before hitting the road, make sure you have removed ALL slack from the chains.

My guess is that the person in the video missed at least one of these points. :eek::oops:

My civilian Impala and another car were totaled by a Chevelle a few years ago by an unconscious extreme DUI. It may as well of been unmanned. My car is fixed up and on the road, doubt his is. I got it on dashcam too.

If you still have it, I'd like to see that video.

The video is 302MB. Here are some stills from it. He was arrested minutes later. Still have not gone to court yet. I only know that the other car was worse off than me with injuries and damage. I replaced a side mirror, front door, back window, and had to skin graph the quarter panel a bit. Add on painting, pin striping, etc. The passenger door was fixable. I bought a wrecked donor Impala for the parts/material to live on in 3 Impalas I now have.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 20
looks like a Nova, not a Chevelle.

Didn't the Chevy Malibu have a similar rear end as well?? Looks like a 80s version esp since Chevelle's were over by the 70's

I just went by the news report, in all honesty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468