Switches & Controllers

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Don't I just need one or two toggle switches on my dashboard to turn my stuff on? What are all of these other controllers and switch boxes for?

Discuss!

Please keep it clean and organized, this forum section is heavily moderated to keep information organized. We're going to use content from these discussions to compile a helpful guide for users seeking information about products in this industry.

How many led lights on one switch is too much? and what size fuse is recommended for an all LED set up?

Need to know how many amps each module draws and what amperage each switch is rated for.  

I use one 16A rocker switch for my lights - It powers the following -

Feniex Pegasus - I'm assuming 5 amps 

2 Cannons - .5 amps each so 1 amp total

8 Feniex T-6s at 1 amp so 8 amps

1 Cobra 600 at 3 amps 

So I'm in the ball park of being maxed out for one switch. I have the switch fused at the battery with a 15 amp fuse so if it overloads or something goes wrong it will just kill everything. 

My numbers may not be accurate with the amp ratings, but just what I figure them to be. FEVER probably knows the exact amp draw of each product. 

Anyone ever use a rotary switch hooked to relays for lighting control? It could function like a slide switch but I think it would be more robust that your average slider. Unitrol sells the Omega 90 siren amp with an "undercover" controller called the U3500. You can control your lights and siren from a single rotary switch. Pretty neat!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude