Cool Seal Connectors

EricTheNerd

Apr 1, 2014
Vermont

Has anyone ever used these? They are a traditional nylon connector that claim to have an "Anaerobic sealant" inside them to make a secure, weatherproof connection. One of my coworkers swears by them, and prefers them over heat shrink connectors.
They claim:
  • It seals itself - Just strip the wire, insert it into Bond & Seal™ and crimp. This activates the anaerobic sealant that "pots" the connector to create an environmentally sealed connection.
  • Anaerobic encapsulation - Anaerobic sealant cures in the absence of oxygen. When the connection is crimped, oxygen is removed from the connector creating an ultra-strong, moisture proof connection. Sealant outside the crimp area remains in the gel form to seal around the insulation.
  • No heat required - No heat guns or torches needed – and no danger of heat to connectors or surrounding materials.
  • Fast Installation - Installs in a fraction of the time of heat shrink terminals. In just 2-3 hours, the connection is fully cured.
  • Superior connections - Innovative new sealant prevents entry of moisture, air and contaminants while the nylon insulation provides maximum abrasion and puncture resistance.
  • Superior conductivoty - With corrosion effectively sealed out, the seamless 99.9% copper connector offers optimal electrical conductivity.
We have a variety of them, from our hardware supplier (Link & delcity link). They seem to work well, but I haven't been around them to see how they hold up to the test of time. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Looks like a pretty cool product.... but a 3 hour cure time for a total weather tight seal is a bit much.... heat shrink is done an sealed in seconds......

Reactions: NEB and Tony P
i dont see a vaccum pump on there that sucks out the trapped oxygen...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude