Arjent (or knockoff?) Shoots clear of truck after explosion.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Watching a video I noticed the lightbar blown off the truck after explosion. How the wire harness came off but the bar is still intact after that is beyond me. It must have just ripped the complete internal wiring out.

It is just before the 2 min mark and they play it twice.

I have never laughed at a lightbar getting destroyed... until now. Not about the make of the bar, just how it turned into a saucer.

Reactions: firebuff17
yeah... our old agency had tons of these fly off patrol cars.

one separated completely.. alot of them stayed attached and beat the hell out of the back of the car.

I've seen some rollovers where lightbars have come off the roofs and the cables were severed.

Most of those wires have quick connections at the board depending on the lightbar. WOuldn't take much to rip the cable right out of the bar.

Thanks. I guess I didnt think of the difference between an SL vs S2, I have only seen inside an SL. Since the S2 uses the ROC boards it makes sense that it would be just one internal connection vs a spiderweb of wires and zip ties. I was just amazed to see one seperate and go flying like that in one piece.

Reactions: Dingo
FD here has several tractors with Aerodynics, none of which are wired up. Just makes the truck look official, I guess.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude