Whelen Any way to temporarily mount a 54” Liberty?

dkortman

Jun 5, 2024
Georgia, USA
Hello, I have a 54” whelen liberty from a decommissioned police car. I’m going to swap the blue light heads for amber light heads in the front and corners, leaving the back blank as it’s obstructed by the dump body. I’d like to mount it on our single cab 2024 Ram 5500 dump truck, but I personally own the lightbar, and it’s a company truck. I don’t want to drill any holes and I’d like to temporarily mount it in case something were to happen and I’m not working here any more. I’ve seen on this forum that it’s not a good idea to mount a full size lightbar with magnets, but would it still be a bad idea if I custom made mounts with really strong magnets? Like neodymium magnets secured on to a custom bracket? If not, does anyone have any better ideas for a custom temporary mount? Thanks for your help,
-Dylan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
Short answer is "not really". You can use gutter clamps (edge bar ones are often more "aggressive") and run the wires in through the third brake light housing. You can buy a cheap after market third brake light and drill a hole in it then replace it with the original when you turn the truck in.

Reactions: dkortman
Upvote 0
Short answer is "not really". You can use gutter clamps (edge bar ones are often more "aggressive") and run the wires in through the third brake light housing. You can buy a cheap after market third brake light and drill a hole in it then replace it with the original when you turn the truck in.
Thanks for your reply! That’s a helpful insight, I’ll look more into it and tinker around with the idea of that. And since it’s a cab & chassis truck with an up fit on it, it came from the factory with a 3rd brake light delete, so I can just buy the same delete panel, drill through it, grommet and seal it with caulk or something similar. I was kinda just thinking running the wiring down behind the cab and along the frame, but that’s a much better idea.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply! That’s a helpful insight, I’ll look more into it and tinker around with the idea of that. And since it’s a cab & chassis truck with an up fit on it, it came from the factory with a 3rd brake light delete, so I can just buy the same delete panel, drill through it, grommet and seal it with caulk or something similar. I was kinda just thinking running the wiring down behind the cab and along the frame, but that’s a much better idea.
I have found that a cheap after market 3rd brake light can even be cheaper than the delete panel, but which ever costs less is obviously the way to go. Good luck, if you get to the strap phase and need help let us know.

Reactions: dkortman
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude