1980s Cook County IL Red Beacon

Thank you Sir!

I've seen some other 1980s Cook Co SO Beacons that were two Bulb and I don't ever remember an 11in Action Light having only 2-Lamps.

Thank you Sir,

Were the North American PAR46 2-Lamp Beacons similar to the MI State Police Unity PAR46s?

Does anyone know when North American made the 2-Lamp 400 series Beacons?

I have a Guy who's looking for the old Cook Co style Beacons.

I might try and fabricate a 2-Lamp PAR46 Holder for a 400X but have to measure it out on the Dome ID.

As an NA distributor back in the early 80s, I remember running the 400XD myself on fire calls and found them more popular here in the south than their dual lamp cousin. That model had four PAR46 lamps. It was a monster and put out a ton of light. I have only seen one since then (in a personal collection) and having been looking for one for a very long time. This 400XD model is quite rare, as most were the PAR36 variants (400/400X, as @tsquale and @dmathieu mentioned). I checked to see if I still had some old catalogs with more specific part numbers, but sadly, I have none.

Reactions: stansdds
As an NA distributor back in the early 80s, I remember running the 400XD myself on fire calls and found them more popular here in the south than their dual lamp cousin. That model had four PAR46 lamps. It was a monster and put out a ton of light. I have only seen one since then (in a personal collection) and having been looking for one for a very long time. This 400XD model is quite rare, as most were the PAR36 variants (400/400X, as @tsquale and @dmathieu mentioned). I checked to see if I still had some old catalogs with more specific part numbers, but sadly, I have none.
Very Cool, Thanks for the History!

Btw You get any part of Helene out your way?

Thankfully, mild here - just a week of light to steady rain. A couple hours east is where they got hit hard. Prayers for all those poor folks in far east TN & west NC.

Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMichaelJJ