MX7000 - New to Me

ErikH

Apr 24, 2024
Michigan
I just picked up an MX7000, with all-red covers that I plan to use on my F-150 (I'm a volunteer firefighter). Everything about it is new to me but here is what I know about the wiring:
  1. Red - inside rotators
  2. Red/White - Outside Rotators
  3. Grey - Center Rotator
  4. Brown - White corners
  5. Green - Alternating reds on the front
  6. Black - Ground
  7. Brown/White - can hear a relay, but not seeing any lights.
No idea about the Blue, Orange/Black, Black/White, or the Yellow.
The problems I have:
  1. I have some white lights in the rear that are not lighting
  2. One of the Outside Rotators (Red/White) are spinning much faster than the other and sometimes the worm gear isn't engaging the rotator gear.
Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Erik

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
The bro/whi wire is likely takedowns relay that is built inro the flasher. When you apply power if it clicks once (on) then it's takedowns relay, if it click-clacks repeatedly then it's a secondary flasher. Either way, heads are easy to find and pretty cheap if you want to upgrade.

ErikH

Apr 24, 2024
Michigan
Thanks, that's what I was thinking since it only clicks the one time. I'll most likely open it up and check all the connections/wiring and look for any issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.