Sound Off Signal NForce 48" Use Without Breakout Box

Dermestid

Apr 28, 2018
Michigan
Does anyone know if it is possible to use a 48" NForce light bar without the breakout box? Bought one used and didn't realize until I brought it home that one was needed, seller cannot locate the original. Would a Federal Signal serial interface module work the same way? I see them for around $30 on Ebay and it would sure beat the $160 that I would have to spend for a new one from Sound Off. Any information is greatly appreciated.

No. They all require the breakout box. You could essentially remove the control board inside the bar and replace with an aftermarket flasher, however depending on which version of the Nforce bar you have that may not work because some are not just as simple as power and ground on the modules. I've gotten my breakout boxes in the past from Sirennet.com. I had to call them and ask them to special order but it was less than $100.

Not the answer I was hoping for but I do appreciate it. Unfortunately the list price for the Nforce listed on Sound Offs website is $163.

If you get charged the list price you’re getting ripped off, and second the above post, need the breakout box UNLESS you’re running a newer sound off siren that can plug the RJ-45 into said siren and then it’s all in the programming from siren to bar

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup