I have a Whelen Dash strobe

Big JW

May 28, 2024
Augusta, GA
I have a Whelen Dash strobe and I'm looking for a metal disc that sticks to the dash and the magnet on the strobe light sits on the disc.

If it is a DMS, they did not typically come with a disc, but with an eye shield and a bungee cord to hold it on the dash. The light is heavy, and the magnet strong for a plate to stick to the dash, as most double sided tapes won't measure up to the task. That said, any ferrous plate would do. I'll look to see what I might have.

Attachments

• S6307566.JPG
    S6307566.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 13
If it is a DMS, they did not typically come with a disc, but with an eye shield and a bungee cord to hold it on the dash. The light is heavy, and the magnet strong for a plate to stick to the dash, as most double sided tapes won't measure up to the task. That said, any ferrous plate would do. I'll look to see what I might have.
Thanks! I was trying to find where to get a plate online or Amazon but couldn't find anything. Do you know the proper name of the plate?

This is what it looks like. A long time ago I had the white shield with bungee but found this black plastic cover.

Attachments

• 20240527_202645.jpg
    20240527_202645.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 12
Yes but my actual use for the light now is to put it on top of my golf cart and use an amber lens. That is why I need the metal disc.

FYI The magnet wasn't designed to hold them on a moving vehicle (Whelen had a specific disclaimer). since you aren't moving on roads, any magnetic metal should work for a golf cart roof. However "Mag-Mate" is a line of products that are designed for the "metal side" of electromagnetic fire doors and magnetic exhaust evacuation hoses on trucks. They are a bit pricey, but designed for the purpose. I would probably go to my local hardware store and find a misc ferrous metal plate.

A metal cover for an electrical junction box will work fine for what you are wanting do. Any home improvement store carries them and are inexpensive.

Chris
They gave round junction box covers too... that's a great idea!

Reactions: Sparky_911
Yes, Chris that's a great idea. I have some in the shop. Excellent advice!

I have used them previously to add mag mount mini bars and beacons to golf cart roofs. They work great. I used small bolts with nyloc nuts to mount the plates. They are an easy, inexpensive solution for golf carts roofs. I have even painted them with outdoor/all weather spray paint just to prevent rust forming.

Glad to help out!

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup