How bright are the white scene modes on dual color LEDs?

TM3

Feb 8, 2023
USA
Hi. I'm setting some lights for the back of my car using dual function. White for reverse or scene and amber flashing for warning. But I want the white reverse/scene to be more useful than gimicky. Does anyone have experience with how bright the white steady burn functions are for these common dual function lights?
  • Whelen Ion Duo or Trio
  • Feniex Quad
  • Strobes N' More TailGator

We have Ion Duos on one of our squads and the white steady burn does put out a nice amount of light. I have no experience with the others. The neighboring agency uses the SoundOff Signal mpower fascia lights in duo and they are also very good for what you're looking at doing.

I have the Quad rear bar on my PIU with 4 modules set to go to while when I reverse - it provides a good amount of light for backing up.

I put T-Ion duos on the rear of almost every squad that I build. The white only gets used for reverse. It’s definitely helpful, but nowhere near as bright as a dedicated white light. One thing to note about Ions: when you set them to steady, upon initial turn on, they are at full brightness. After, I believe 5 or so seconds, they will dim down. This is a built in protection feature. I think its to avoid overheating the lighthead.

Reactions: Dave F
ive got dual color fusions in my bumper they work great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup