Feniex TyphoonWiring

conkexp

Jun 14, 2024
U.S
I am having trouble figuring out exactly what i need to do. i have seen threads using the sea blue distribution block, however don’t really understand why those are used and not just a bus at distribution block. i get the extra fuses for each light but is that overkill.

i also wanted to use a fuse tap as my 12v power source. if i just tap a fuse that is ignition powered as my source for the typhoon ( in the attached charge guard) isn’t that sufficient and is the recommended 25a? What is the reasoning behind both constant power and ignition power for the charge guard / typhoon when you can just tie 12v typhoon supply to an ignition source?

please see attached photo for how i am thinking to mount my equipment on a 12x12 piece of plastic. please provide recommendations for best / safest route.

i was also going to purchase the UBL wire that has multiple conductors in the jacketing is this the easiest for running all these wires back to this setup?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 9
however don’t really understand why those are used and not just a bus at distribution block.
1) Most late model vehicle don't have very much "reserve amperage" in their circuits.

2) In order to avoid "Gremlins" you should always create a separate isolated wiring scheme for any Add-On Accessories, such as Emergency Equipment, (unless specifically approved by OEM Design).

You won't be able to identify a 12V circuit that is a "control circuit" carrying data signals vs pure 12VDC with a test light.

This is just a few problems people cause when tapping into existing OEM circuits;

If you tap into one of these circuits by mistake you risk possibly damaging the vehicle's "Control Modules" or cause the car to throw codes that you won't be able to identify/recify.

What Make/Model vehicle are you working on?

Have you read the OEM Upfitters Guides? They'll explain some of the reasons you do not want to tap into existing vehicle's OEM circuitry
i was also going to purchase the UBL wire that has multiple conductors in the jacketing is this the easiest for running all these wires back to this setup?
Make sure you calculate the Total Amperage Requirements for each circuit and size your wires according to length to address voltage drop, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw, make sure you connect the Typhoon's Terminal B directly to the Battery's Negative terminal.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup