Expensive siren

eggcarton

May 24, 2010
QLD Australia
The police in my area $4000 :eek: for the siren, speaker (maybe?), head light flasher, ignition bypass and installation. I won't name the company that is doing this but they make the amp and controller and install Code 3 speakers.

The amp controls the siren, lights and the controller is similar to the C3 RLS except the rotary switch also acts as the pursuit slider would. It is not a very featured siren amplifier or package but it is soooo expensive :!: :!: :!:

What would be a good alternative. They are used to control mainly full led MX7000s but also some Defenders and the ignition bypass is made by the police themselves for the rest of the vehicles that they use.

Can you say that again op? With like less pronouns and a lot more clarification.

eggcarton said:
The police in my area (spend) $4000 :eek: for the siren, speaker (maybe?), head light flasher, ignition bypass and installation. I won't name the company that is doing this but they make the (siren)amp and controller and install Code 3 speakers.

The amp controls the siren, lights and the controller is similar to the Code 3 RLS except the rotary switch also acts as the pursuit slider would. (um ok?) It is not a very featured siren amplifier or package but it is soooo expensive :!: :!: :!: (like omg)

What would be a good alternative? They are used to control mainly full led MX7000s (2100's? or modified mx's?) but also some Defenders and the ignition bypass is made by the police themselves (um ok?)for the rest of the vehicles that they use.

rwo978 said:
English is the preferred language here...
Oh. I'm sorry. :oops: I knew I failed english class but I didn't know I was that bad. And I wrote it when I was tired.

If I could find a photo of what I mean I would show you but the website was changed.

The police pay 'Company A' $4000 to supply and install siren amplifiers, HLF, siren/light controllers and a ignition bypass system.

The siren/light controllers rotary switch acts as a pursuit slider would as it goes from Standby > Lower level LEDs > All leds > Wail > Yelp > Hilo

The MX7000 is a custom made by either the police employees or Britax (Code 3 dealer in Australia)

The police employees have made there own ignition bypass for vehicles that are not fitted by 'Company A'.

What state are you in in Aus . I have never seen a MX7000 in Australia. I have seen the Code 360. Is your question if $4000 aud is expensive to install the L&S?

MX7000s are actually very popular and this is QLD but NSW, Vic, WA use them aswell. Also Code 360's are only used on Ambulances, but a similar product made by Hazard (Ecco) is what is used in most other states.

My mistake the only ones in NSW who use it are the Highway Patrol . They use the MX7000 with LED's in the lower level. ai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_GreenPolicecar.jpgai950.photobucket.com_albums_ad345_VolEms_NSWPolice.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup