Excalibur and MX7000 compatability

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
hello, new guy here. i`m in the process of rebuilding an MX7000 light bar. i know most of the parts from the newer excalibur bar is compatable on the mx7000. im looking for takedown and front lights for the lower deck. if i used the excalibur lower deck halogen housing would they fit in a mx7000 body? i think they do but i want to be sure.

lower deck is bigger on a mx7k than the Excalibur. The opposite would work tho .

would they work? yes. however imho for what you’d spend on those, you could get the proper heads for the mx which offer better output and a much bigger footprint of light

*this is my opinion only and not a site sponsored recommendation

Reactions: Pete L.
thank you dave, and ehfd. ive just been looking around and wasnt having much luck surfing ebay for the proper ones. i might just be looking in the wrong places

Reactions: Dave F
I have some lower level parts for the MX7000 if interested (sweeps, flashers and work lights plus a few amber filters).

I have some lower level parts for the MX7000 if interested (sweeps, flashers and work lights plus a few amber filters).
i have won a bid for 2 of the halogen lights and the corner valleys. i was hoping to get my hands on 6 more halogens and 2 of the amber filters along with the 360RDK Alternating Take Down Wig-Wag Light Bar Flasher Module. do you have pics of what you have? and for how much?

I have some lower amber flasher and sweep filters. Not sure how many reflectors I have and do not have any flashers. The 700 series flashers are common for these hars too.

I have many of the light modules, and the amber filters. Let me know if other contacts fall out. I do have much MX, Code 360° and other code 3 parts.

The MX7000 ArrowStik is not a collection of disctete flasher reflectors that can be moved around, but rather a set of three (presuming a modern 47" bar) circuit boards with a total of either six or eight plastic reflectors in modern bars, or eight metal reflectors in the very earliest bars.

pCkweyF.jpg

3aorC0g.jpg

uLIlbxY.jpg

Photos credit: current eBay auctions.

"or eight metal reflectors in the very earliest bars."

You would also need the positive switching controller for that style, model.

Contact me for used MX parts I have a load full. Including the arrowstick with 6 hole amber filters and controller. Mirrors, and lower 50 Watt MX lights, intersection also.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup