Dash Laser question

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
www.youtube.com
Can anyone tell me what this is and what the purpose of it is for the motor? I am putting a new motor in my Dash Laser and it does not have this. There was not one on the motor I removed either, but there is no ground wire for the motor and it will not run without one.

InkedIMG_20210820_172142848_LI.jpg

It's the emergency advil tablet for when working on the thing gives you a headache...

But in all seriousness, maybe some kind of insulator to prevent shorting?)

Last edited:
No idea what the purpose is but I've seen similar doohickeys on other motors including the ubiquitous Federal Signal motor found on the 'Hawk style rotators.
F83FBD90-078F-414F-8E08-E24AB022E203.jpeg

It is my understanding that they are for radio interference/noise supression. DC motors can be "noisy" to other electronics and the resistors help quiet them down.

It is a capacitor or (cap in the electronic industry). It serves several purposes, such as, keeps a constant voltage to the motor, and cuts down on noise interference for RF stuff for example. They are one of the primary components in ac to dc power supply's.

It is a capacitor or (cap in the electronic industry). It serves several purposes, such as, keeps a constant voltage to the motor, and cuts down on noise interference for RF stuff for example. They are one of the primary components in ac to dc power supply's.

Ceramic Disc Capacitor, (what he said..)

Reactions: jdh

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup