100 vs 200 WATT

Dragon

May 27, 2010
Mississippi
How do you determine if a PA300 is 100 or 200 watts?

Looking at the install manuals posted on line the 69001-69004 are 100 watt.

Mine has a tag on the bottom that just has PA300.

The car is a 2000. I would guess the siren was acquired new that year if not older and reused from a car going out of service.

There are several threads on this very topic on this board and the archive board. TSFIYF!!! IIRC, a "B" is required somewhere on the model number sticker.

Because of the way the equipment is mounted in the car. 2 radios and a light switch box stacked on top of the siren. I dont want to take all that apart until I know if it is 200 watts or not.

From the answer above I have the MSC option which indicates 100 watts.

I found a PA300 in our "dead stuff" pile that had the MSB option. So I am sure now I have a 100 watt version.

Too bad. I have two speakers that will go unused.

Some PA300s have only one speaker output for each type of speaker - one 58 watt output and one 100 watt output. These sirens are only capable of running at 58 watts or 100 watts.

If a PA300 has outputs for two 100 watt speakers, it should be capable of running at 200 watts.

The MSB PA300's that I own use just two pins in the twelve-pin connector for both speakers, which are to be connected in parallel.

rwo78 - If it erks you so bad that I did not search first then pass my topic by. No need to be snippy.

From your first response that answered my question. B means 200. I have a C. I know this from taking a mirror and reading the sticker on the bottom. I did not take it out to take pictures for the reason listed above. But I did state that I know now I have a 100 watt.

So my project of adding another speaker is dead in the water.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup